Routine maintenance is just apart of life, whether it is an annual checkup with your doctor or an oil change on your car. But when was the last time you checked up on your business security system?
Yes, security systems need maintenance too. Failing to consistently maintain your system can prove costly. The last thing a business wants is an emergency to happen while equipment is not functioning properly, or worse—an emergency happens because it was not functioning properly.
The good news is there are simple steps business owners can take to maintain their system. Let’s start with the basics.
Most business security systems will consist of one or more of the following types of protection:
- Intrusion protection
- Access control
- Video surveillance
- Fire and gas monitoring
- Integrated systems, which combine one or more of the above
What You Can do to Help Maintain Your System
- Routinely check locks on doors and check the door lock contacts to ensure they are clean and operate smoothly.
- Regularly check and clean the lenses on any security cameras and check their connections.
- For any devices that require batteries, make sure they are checked on a regular basis and replaced when necessary.
- Be sure to clear obstructions from video cameras or motion detectors, such as bushes, plants, cobwebs, or dust.
- Check with your security provider to see if they offer ongoing maintenance for systems.
Request Regular Maintenance from Strauss
For business owners who are looking for professional maintenance for their security systems, Strauss offers Extended Care—our ongoing maintenance program for all system types.
Benefits of Our Extended Care:
- Ensures your system meets industry standards and insurance company requirements.
- Regular maintenance can increase the serviceable life of your security system.
- Regular service and maintenance of your system significantly improves reliability and reduces false alarms.
- Reduced unexpected expenses.
- Gives you peace of mind knowing you are protected when you need it.
You have wisely invested in a security system to protect your business. To guarantee that your system will deliver the protection you require at all times, it is important to keep it in good working order.