When shopping for a security system provider, you can find many options—both local and national—out there. Your decision whether to do business with a large, national alarm company versus a smaller, local one often comes down to what kind of service response and relationship you want with your alarm system provider.
While national chains definitely serve the majority of urban and suburban locations in Iowa, they are not geared for personal service and ongoing relationships. So if you want support that includes ongoing guidance, information updates, personal connection, and local monitoring, you may be let down. Big companies won’t provide this kind of touch because it is too costly for their widespread operation.
A small business alarm company like Strauss Security that’s based locally, however, thrives on this kind of demand because it is their market niche. In fact, here are some of the key benefits, both short-term and long-term, for going with a local alarm company:
- Local alarm company services are far more responsive and accountable because they can be contacted personally in the same neighborhood or region.
- Local alarm company technicians are far more familiar with the demands that local businesses have for their security as well as the risks within that community. National alarm company representatives often just work territories for a few years and then move on, knowing little about specific markets.
- Local alarm companies can potentially be less expensive than national companies because they don’t have to account for company infrastructure costs. As a result, local service providers can be quite competitive in service pricing.
- Local companies can often respond quickly, sending out a crew the same day or the next day. National alarm companies often take days and weeks to respond to service needs beyond just an over-the-phone response.
- Money spent with a local business stays in the community, which helps the area grow economically. By contracting locally, you support local jobs and employment.
If you’re comparing alarm installation and monitoring services and you’re sizing up the national names to a local company like Strauss Security, think about which company is actually going to respond quickly like a neighbor in your community. You can almost bet that every time it won’t be one of the big-name companies appearing at your doorstep when an emergency pops up.
To find out more about your business alarm system options with Strauss Security, contact us today at (515) 276-7030. We serve the homeowners and small business owners throughout the greater Iowa region.